So Who Invented The River Table?
From time to time, the river table builders at CVCV get asked, “Who invented the river table?” Although, the talented Washington-based artist and furniture-maker, Greg Klassen trademarked the word “River” in regards to furniture design, he certainly did not invent the river table or the use of epoxy resin in artistic furniture or the concept of resin casting. Epoxy, and thermosetting resins, first became a household word in the 1960s, when a new breed of super-strong adhesives started to appear in local hardware stores. Its extensive use dates back as far as the 1940s.
Natural resins have been used since as early as the days of ancient Egypt, and more extensively in the 1200’s AD by the Mongols. The Mongols invented the world’s first composite (made of multiple components) bow, which were bound together with natural pine resin. Many historians suggest that these were the most formidable weapons in the world until firearms emerged a couple centuries later. It was also a long-time material for ship-builders, as it was an excellent sealant and waterproofing agent on wooden vessels.
Epoxy resin, mixed with pigment, may be used as a painting medium, by pouring layers on top of each other to form a complete picture. It is also used in jewelry, as a doming resin for decorations and labels, and in decoupage type applications for art, wood countertops, and custom river tables handcrafted by CVCF. Learn more about the history and uses of resins here.
Over, seventy-five years ago, in a small lab in Louisville, Kentucky, Dr. Sylvan O. Greenlee invented a material that may have seemed ordinary to most, but he knew that he had just discovered a material that would enable the future. That landmark discovery was liquid epoxy resin.
Learn More About Epoxy Resins From Wikipedia
Epoxy is either any of the basic components or the cured end products of epoxy resins, as well as a colloquial name for the epoxide functional group. Epoxy resins, also known as polyepoxides, are a class of reactive prepolymers and polymers which contain epoxide groups. Condensation of epoxides and amines was first reported and patented by Paul Schlack of Germany in 1934. Claims of discovery of bisphenol-A-based epoxy resins include Pierre Castan in 1943. Castan’s work was licensed by Ciba, Ltd. of Switzerland, which went on to become one of the three major epoxy resin producers worldwide. Ciba’s epoxy business was spun off as Vantico in the late 1990s, which was subsequently sold in 2003 and became the Advanced Materials business unit of Huntsman Corporation of the United States. In 1946, Sylvan Greenlee, working for the Devoe & Raynolds Company, patented resin derived from bisphenol-A and epichlorohydrin. Devoe & Raynolds, which was active in the early days of the epoxy resin industry, was sold to Shell Chemical; the division involved in this work was eventually sold, and via a series of other corporate transactions is now part of Hexion Inc.
Epoxy adhesives are a major part of the class of adhesives called “structural adhesives” or “engineering adhesives” (that includes polyurethane, acrylic, cyanoacrylate, and other chemistries.) These high-performance adhesives are used in the construction of aircraft, automobiles, bicycles, boats, golf clubs, skis, snowboards, and other applications where high strength bonds are required. Epoxy adhesives can be developed to suit almost any application. They can be used as adhesives for wood, metal, glass, stone, and some plastics. They can be made flexible or rigid, transparent or opaque/colored, fast setting or slow setting. Epoxy adhesives are better in heat and chemical resistance than other common adhesives. In general, epoxy adhesives cured with heat will be more heat- and chemical-resistant than those cured at room temperature. The strength of epoxy adhesives is degraded at temperatures above 350 °F (177 °C).
How To Get Started
To get custom river table prices or to contract your own river dining table, live edge river table, or other live edge project using colored epoxy resin, you can contact us using one of the links below.
More About Our Epoxy Resin Coffee River Tables, Epoxy River Tables With Waterfalls, Epoxy Resin River Dining Tables, Epoxy Resin River Conference Tables And Epoxy Resin River Headboards For Sale In The USA
You can submit your epoxy resin river table design and get a price for fabrication and assembly. Chagrin Valley Custom Furniture is a custom rustic, live edge, and modern furniture company in Cleveland that specializes in manufacturing epoxy resin river tables made from live edge slabs. We sell some of the most unique custom epoxy resin river tables made with live edge wood to families and businesses throughout the USA. Watch our YouTube video title “The Making of a Custom Designed Live Edge River Table” to see how we do it. We also sell live edge epoxy resin river headboards, epoxy resin wood wall hangings, epoxy resin wall art, live edge resin doors and live edge river bar tops. Buy an epoxy resin river table or piece of wall art from CVCF and we will make it just the way you want. Prices for epoxy resin wood tables and epoxy resin wall art start at $800.00. Modern epoxy resin river coffee tables are for sale and live edge epoxy resin river tables made from walnut slabs are for sale. We use a blue epoxy resin for most tables we sell, although we can use any color resin a customer requests. We are experts at handcrafting epoxy resin river tables and are always working on new designs for customers throughout the USA. We recently sold a really cool custom made epoxy resin waterfall coffee table from live edge wood to a customer in Ohio. The woodworkers at CVCF recently built a custom Senna Siamea wood (Siamese cassia or Pheasantwood) table top for a client in Michigan that featured a blue epoxy river inlay.
Wood and resin dining tables are for sale. Live edge river dining table prices start at $1,800. We specialize in utilizing an artistic mindset and cutting-edge technology to create high quality, unique resin furniture designs that meet our customer’s exact needs. Give us a call to talk about your epoxy table top ideas at 440-591-5511. Interior designers all across the U.S. also shop for epoxy resin river tables, epoxy river headboards, epoxy resin wall art and epoxy river live edge tables for their clients at CVCF.
Our most recently conquered frontier is the building and delivery of handmade epoxy resin river tables to homes and businesses throughout the USA. We are now delivering and shipping epoxy resin river tables to customers in all 50 states. We deliver and assemble epoxy resin tables in homes and businesses for our customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, West Virginia, New York, Kentucky and other states in the Midwest and Northeast regions of the continental United States. We recently completed a set of river dining tables for the posh Dragon Noodle Company & Sushi Bar Restaurant in Las Vegas, Nevada, with special epoxy resin that perfectly matched the colors and textures of the restaurant.
A “river table” is a live edge table that uses colored epoxy resin to fill the gap between two opposing live edge pieces- thus creating the appearance of a small “river.” This technique of using resin to create a more perfectly rectangular design can also be used to fill cracks or natural imperfections in wood, and offers endless customization options. You can get started on a colored epoxy resin river table of your own by scrolling down to “How To Get Started” below.
Our live edge river tables are for sale right now to customers in the United States. Buy an epoxy river live edge coffee tables or a river slab table from CVCF by calling 440-591-5511. We will provide you a price for the exact type of table you want manufactured. Families around the country have contracted projects using river table epoxy variations from semi-transparent green epoxy resin set with quartz crystals to fully opaque black resin. Our capabilities are limited only by your imagination. In Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh, and Detroit, our branded delivery van and expert woodcraftsmen will personally hand deliver your project into your home, ready to take on any strategies necessary for installation and assembly. For other parts of the United States, our closely-held third party freight vendor will deliver your project with the same white glove delivery standards guaranteed by our in-house team.
Custom Built Handmade Epoxy Resin River Furniture USA Price Ranges
Prices Ranges Vary Depending Upon The Size Of The Furniture, Fabrication Complexity, Types of Metal Legs Or Bases and Species Of Wood Slabs | Discounted Pricing Is Available for Epoxy Resin Furniture Contract Manufacturing Of Multiple Tables Or Pieces Of Furniture For Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Hospitality and Commercial Firms | Shipping, Delivery and Assembly Prices Are Not Included Below
- Small Resin River Tables: $2,000 to $5,000
- Epoxy Resin River Coffee Tables: $1,800 to $4,000
- Epoxy Resin River Side Tables: $1,800 to $3,500
- Epoxy Resin River Entryway Tables: $1,800 to $3,500
- Epoxy Resin River Sofa Tables: $2,500 to $4,000
- Epoxy Resin River End Tables: $1,200 to $2,200
- Epoxy Resin River Kitchen Tables: $3,200 to $5,000
- Epoxy Resin River Dining Tables: $4,500 to $8,500
- Epoxy Resin River Conference Tables: $4,500 to $9,000
- Live Edge Epoxy Resin River Tables: $3,000 to $6,000
- Epoxy River Tables With Waterfalls: $3,500 to $7,500
- Epoxy Resin River Benches: $1,200 to $1,600
- Epoxy Resin River Headboards: $3,000 to $6,000
Types Of Custom Made Epoxy Resin River Tables And Epoxy Resin River Furniture Sold By CVCF
- Small Epoxy Resin Coffee, Side, Entryway, Sofa and End Tables
- Epoxy Resin Kitchen Tables
- Epoxy Resin River Dining Tables
- Epoxy Resin River Conference Tables
- Live Edge Epoxy Resin Rive Tables
- Epoxy River Tables With Waterfalls
- Epoxy Resin River Benches
- Epoxy Resin River Headboards
- Epoxy Resin River Adjustable Height Office Workstation And Ergonomic Desk
- Cypress River Table
- Lighted River Table
- River Table With Rocks
- Walnut River Table
- Black Walnut River Table
- River Table With Glass Inserts
- River Table That Glows
- Glow in the Dark River Table
- Epoxy Resin River Bar Top
- Epoxy Resin River Tabletop
- Epoxy Resin River Countertop
- Epoxy Resin River Kitchen Island
- Camphor Laurel and Blue Gum Coffee Table
- Cypress Pine Slice Coffee Table
- Epoxy Resin River Picnic Table
- Blue River Sinker Cypress Coffee Table
- Live Edge Wood Slab Coffee Table With An Epoxy Resin River
- Rectangular Fractal River Dinning Table Made With A Live Edge Wood Slab
- Epoxy Resin Door Made From A Live Edge Wood Slab
- Epoxy River Table Handmade From Elmwood
- Live Edge Sofa Table Made With Butternut Wood
- Cedar Epoxy Resin River Console Table
- Epoxy River table Set Made From Spalted Hickory
- River Table With Custom Metal Legs
- Oak Resin River Dining Table
- Teak Wood Coffee Table With Resin River
- Yew Wood Epoxy Resin Coffee Table
- Elm Slab Dining Table with Resin River
- Resin River Butcher Block Coffee Table
- Reclaimed Wood Resin River Table
- Camphor Laurel and Transparent Green Resin Dining Table
- Camphor Laurel and Purple Resin Desk
- Galaxy Themed “Cosmic Rift” Resin River Coffee Table
- Epoxy Resin River Cutting Boards
- Big Leaf Maple Resin River Dining Table
- Trout Stream Coffee Table
- Waterfall River Table With Crayons
- Resin River Table Made With Glass and Tiger Maple Wood
- River Dining Table Made With Clear Epoxy
- River Rock Dining Table
- River Rock Coffee Table
- Resin River Table Made From A Live Edge Slab of Acacia Wood
- Live Edge Side Table With Tinted Resin Fill
- Resin River Dining Table Made With Suar Wood
- Ash Coffee Table With River Rocks In Black Transparent Epoxy Resin
- Walnut And Ash Epoxy Resin River Table With Fish Painted In
- Resin River Dining Table Made With Bigleaf Maple Burl
- Resin River Kitchen Table Made With Mesquite Wood Slab
- Resin River Side Table Made With Live Edge Mappa Burl Wood
- Resin River Entryway Table Made With Oak Burl Wood
- Resin River Sofa Table Made With Weeping Willow Burl Wood
- Camphor Laurel and Blue Resin Desk
- Burl and Transparent Resin Dining Table
- Maple and Black Resin Desk
- Electric Green River Console Table
- Camphor Laurel Dining and Coffee Table Set
- Camphor Laurel and Blue Gum Coffee Table
- Cypress Pine Slice Coffee Table
- Black Wattle, Stone and Resin Dining Table
- Redgum and Resin Hallway Table
- Blue Gum Coffee Table
Photo Gallery And Prices For Custom Furniture For Sale In The USA
Buy Live Edge Furniture In The USA | Live Edge Dining Tables For Sale | Custom Dining Table Prices Start At $1,800 | Buy A Live Edge Walnut Table And Bench | Buy A Rustic Oak Dining Table For $2,800 On Etsy | Custom Furniture Shipping, Delivery And Assembly Across The USA | Get Live Edge Furniture Ideas | Live Edge Chairs, Outdoor Chairs and Modern Rustic Dining Chairs | Walnut Live Edge Tables For Sale | Order A Walnut Live Edge Table with Brushed Steel Base | Cherry Live Edge Conference Tables For Sale On Etsy For $4,600 | Buy A Live Edge End Table With Custom Steel Legs On Etsy For $2,600 | Wood Slab Tables For Sale | Live Edge Bar Height Tables For Sale | Buy A Live Edge Waterfall Bench Featuring An Epoxy Resin River | Buy A Live Edge Dining Table That Seats 8 People | Rustic Live Edge Dining Tables On Sale | Live Edge Benches For Sale | Kitchen And Dining Benches