Weddings in America incorporate many traditions. The bride wears white, needs something old and something new, she tosses the bouquet, and many others. Why not spice it up a bit somewhere along the way? A unique guest book is a the perfect place to start. Dump the guest book and have your wedding guests help built you a custom piece of furniture instead.
Making A Wedding Rock Table
We’ve recently delved into a new type of custom piece for our engaged clients. By combining our popular river rock tables with the idea behind a guest book, we’ve crafted a unique replacement for this wedding tradition. Here’s how it works:
1. Like with most of our pieces, we start with two live edge wood slabs. You’ll be able to sort out wood type and size when discussing the beginning stages of your piece.
2. Whether you decide to go with a resin that matches your wedding colors or something that’s sure to pair well with the decor already in your home, we’ve got what you need. Choose from our resin colors here, or talk to us about mixing colors to get a perfect match.
3. The tabletop is sure to be the star of the show with this piece, but that doesn’t mean you need to go with a typical base. See our full gallery of table bases here.
4. You are more than welcome to provide your own rocks for this custom table; however, we can also provide rocks for you and your guest to sign. If we do pick out your rocks, we’ll have them shipped to you before your big day.
5. Now it’s time for you to put the fate of your custom piece into the hands of your guests. Instead of signing a page in a book that will get stored away, they’ll be signing your rocks. Instruct your guests on what to write, whether it be just their name or a simple message. We’ve tested what markers to use in order for the writing to remain clean and crisp throughout the process of crafting the table.
6. In the days or weeks following your ceremony, we’ll have the rocks shipped back to us in order to complete your piece. We’ll place the rocks writing side up in the river of your table and fill the remaining space with clear epoxy.
7. Once the piece is dried all the way down, we add the finishing touches by planing, sanding, and adding a beautiful finish.
8. By the time our process is complete, you should be home from your honeymoon to discuss shipping. We build custom crates for all our pieces to ensure a safe delivery, we just need to contact you to confirm the shipping location.
While this product is solely made with weddings in mind, but we offer other custom pieces that would make great gifts! We’ve made custom signs, benches, and tables with engraved names, designs, and even 3D maps. Mark this important milestone with something that will last a lifetime and not just get stored away.
If you’re interested in ordering a custom piece for your wedding or otherwise, click here to fill out a form.