Watch the process of going from our customer’s design idea for a 4-piece conference table to the finished project.
Select from The Following Options for A Custom Designed Table or Desk Made to Order Just for You
- Table Length (36″, 48″, 60″, 78″, 120″, Etc.)
- Table Width (18″, 24″,32″, 36″, 40″, 4’6″, Etc.)
- Table Height (16″, 18″, 28″, 30″, 34″, 40″, 42″, Etc.)
- Table Depth (24″, 30″, 36″, Etc.)
- Table Shape (Rectangular, Square, Round, Oval, Boat, Circular, U-Shaped, Racetrack Oval, Rounded Corners, Etc.)
- Table Top Thickness (1″, 1.5″, 1 3/4″, 2″, 2.5″, Etc.)
- Table Seating Capacity, (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20. Etc.)
- Table Type (Dining, Kitchen, Coffee, Conference, Parsons, Bar, Extendable, WoodSlab, River, Ocean, Chess, Bedside, End, Gaming, Pool, Waterfall, Drafting, End, Sofa, Coral Reef, Cocktail, Console, CNC Engraved, Vanity, Corner, Picnic, Accent, Bar, L-Shaped Table Desks, Nested, Outdoor, Residential, Work, Commercial, Kitchen Island, Etc.)
- Table Design Style (Farmhouse, Industrial, Modern, Rustic, Live Edge, Lift Top, Shaker, Hospitality, Contemporary, Epoxy Resin River, Harvest, Drop Leaf, Folding, For Small Spaces, Antique, French Country, Queen Anne, Vintage, Artistic, Mid-Century Modern, Pennsylvania Dutch, Traditional, Etc.)
- Wood Species & Type Of Table Top (Walnut, Natural Wood Slab, Live Edge, Figured Maple, Brown Maple, Hard Maple, Logs, White or Red Oak, Hickory, Elm, Solid Wood, American Hardwoods, Alder, Mahogany, Cherry, Birch, Ash, Fir, Teak, Rosewood, Reclaimed Wood, Pine, Exotic, Etc.)
- Table Legs & Base (Trestle, Trapezoid, Single Pedestal, Double Pedestal, Wood, Metal, Steel, Cross, Bold Down, Bar Height, Single Solid Leg, Tree Stump/Trunk, Turned Legs, Post, Etc.)
- Table Top Coating, Sheen, Finish, Paint or Stain (Epoxy Resin Topcoat, Urethane Topcoat, Polyurethane, High-End Clear Coat, Tung Oil Satin Finish, Semi-Gloss Varnish, Water-Based Finish, Oil-Based Finish, Urethane Varnish, Etc.)
- Table Hardware and Parts (Leaf Supports, Table Locks, Fasteners, Drop Leaf Supports, Nailhead Trim, Surface Mount Corner Brackets, Pins, Braces, Table Lift Mechanisms, Slides, Blanks, Table Leg Brackets, Sockets, Lever Locks, Extension Hardware, Hinges, Knobs, Pulls, Bumpers, Casters, Connectors, Wheels, Edge Covers, Feet, Decorative Hardware, Folding Hardware, Etc.)
- Table Materials (Wood, Epoxy Resin, Glass, Natural, Steel, Brass, Laminates, Formica, Synthetic, Cast Iron, Marble, Granite, Plastic, Plywood, Stainless Steel, Quartz, Leg Feet, Etc.)
Software for Furniture Design and Interior Design
Furniture design software allows you to create amazing furniture items on your PC or Mac.
- You can use furniture design software to visualize, plan, diagram, sketch, draw, render and 3D model custom designed furniture.
- Use the best furniture design software programs to design awesome furniture online.
- Use Sketchlist 3D woodworking software (used by professionals) to design a virtual plan and generate reports for building cabinets, furniture and kitchen projects.
- Download professional 3D CAD software (Autodesk Inventor) for mechanical design, product design, rendering and simulation, here.
- Download industry-specific furniture design software (Woodwork for Inventor) designed for woodworkers, here.
- Use an Android or iOS home design and floor planning app to design your home virtually.
- Take a picture of a room and use your phone to create 3D designs.
- You can make modern and rustic furniture plans and use a “design your own furniture app” or free “design your own furniture software” if you want to make or buy custom handmade furniture.
- If you would like to learn how to design your own furniture, from start-to-finish, read “Design Your Own Furniture“.
9 Popular Types of Software for Furniture Design
If you’re a fan of modern and rustic wooden furniture or work wood professionally, then this is the perfect furniture design software for you. SketchList 3D simplifies the time consuming and repetitive woodworking design tasks, allowing you to work everywhere, in the shop or at your client’s home. The solid 3D sketches allow you to mark even the tiniest details and quickly modify ten if something looks out of proportion. The virtual boards also let you see how the elements of your design go together. Once you’re satisfied with the end result, you can use Adobe 3D PDF to send your sketch to your clients so that they can see the ‘before’ version of your work. SketchList allows you to add joints and contours with just one click. You can use the default colors and grains when designing the furniture or create your own.
Solidworks is a very versatile furniture design software that you can use for living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms and offices. The CAD models support a wide variety of materials, including stainless steel furniture, wooden furniture, as well as custom-design furniture. You can use this
tool to design virtually any type of furniture components, including desks, chairs, tables, office panels, and customize them according to your needs. To learn more about designing furniture in SolidWorks, watch a video tutorial here.
CAD Pro is a drafting software lets you design, visualize, and share your furniture design ideas. You can use this tool to design any piece of furniture that you want, from classic tables to extravagant chairs. When you’re satisfied with the end result, you can then send your design as an image in your emails by selecting the “Send as Mail” option. You can also save your CAD Pro blueprint as a PDF file.
If you like to quickly sketch your furniture design ideas on paper, you can scan the drawing and then resume work in CAD Pro. Your initial scanned design becomes a traceable template that you can then modify and save. The software supports a series of additional feature that allows you to better communicate with the persons that you want to share the design sketches with.
For example, you can record your ideas and add voice instructions into your design blueprints or add pop-up text memos for more information.
PRO100 Furniture Design Software
PRO100 is a professional software for furniture and interior design. This tool will allow you to design the interior of kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms faster and more efficiently. One of the main strong point of this tool is the quality of visualization. The crystal-clear detailed images that PRO100 renders are very useful, allowing you to spot even the tiniest design details. The latest version of the tool brings even more impressive features to the table:
- Design export to 3D panoramas (including VR glasses, mobile devices, web sites)
- Swap any part, e.g. handles, fittings, drawers.
- Distribution tool (e.d. for shelves or lights arrangement at equal distances from each other)
- Export to *.jpg files
SketchUp is a very powerful tool that you can use for a variety of purposes, including furniture design. This software can deliver impressive interior design sketches, as well as specific furniture design images. If you haven’t used a furniture design software before, SketchUp is the perfect place to start.
This 3D drawing tool is intuitive, easy-to-learn, and efficient. Of course, the tool also supports 2D drawing. Once you finished your sketch, you can use the walkthrough function to go through every detail of your design and see how various pieces of furniture go together. This software can also generate presentation documents, allowing you to store and share your design ideas.
SketchUp For Furniture Design
Designing your own furniture is so satisfying. If you want to design your own furniture and send CVCF your custom furniture design concept and dimensional drawings so that CVCF can build and assemble it for you, you can use Sketchup (formerly Google Sketchup). This 3D modeling computer program can be used to design and draw many types of furniture including rustic and modern tables. Visit SketchupForWoodworkers.com to learn how to design, layout and print your dimensions, bookshelves, joints, furniture and cabinets. Sketchup is great for woodworkers. Learn how to create a custom furniture design in Sketchup. Spend a few dollars and download the Sketchup Guide for Woodworkers Ebook. The book will show you how to precisely draw your furniture design, how to develop furniture plans and how to create shop drawings to submit to CVCF. You can create your own furniture online and CVCF will build it and assemble it for you.
- Sign Up to Download and Use Sketchup Free
- Free 3D Furniture Modeling Software
- Web-Based Furniture Design Application
Sketchup For Web
Think through your custom furniture ideas and pre-build furniture with easy and enjoyable 3D modeling software. Turn your furniture ideas into reality. Start modeling a bed, table, desk or chair right away. Sketchup For Web is simple to use. Open your favorite browser, launch Sketchup and get creative with a furniture plan. When it comes to designing furniture, measurements are important. Use Sketchup to pre-build your furniture in 3D views. Sketchup For Web is a subscription service you can use to share furniture designs with the furniture makers at Chagrin Valley Custom Furniture. You can use it to send your custom furniture design reference drawings to CVCF at 440-591-5511, firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your design online here.
Sketchup Shop is made for furniture designers and furniture makers. It is a subscription-based version of SketchUp for Web that includes professional-level features. Although you can open the program on an iOS, tablet, mobile device or Android device, the software works better on a desktop or laptop computer with a three-button mouse. You can use it to create amazing 3D woodworking designs and furniture designs that you can send to CVCF.
Most designers, regardless of their skill levels, find SketchUp-Pro one of the fastest and easiest CAD software programs for both creating and editing 3D & 2D designs. Sketchup Pro is a must-have tool for any Architecture or Engineering designer. Its simple interface, along with its variety of options, allows you to create very professional designs that will allow you to win the client you want.